A former vocal coach for Orange County’s All-American Boys Chorus—and a member of the FBI’s Most Wanted List—can be sent back to California from the UK, a judge there ruled this week.
Roger Alan Giese, 42, according to KABC:
has been charged with five counts of lewd acts upon a child under the age of 14, 10 counts of lewd acts upon a child age 14 or 15, three counts of anal penetration by a foreign object and one count of oral copulation of a person under 18 years of age, and a sentencing enhancement allegation for substantial sexual conduct with a child.
He escaped to England in 2007.
Once there, Giese changed his name, started a public relations company, and claimed that he couldn’t be sent back to the U.S. because of our “civil commitment” laws.
According to the OC Register:
Under civil commitment, a convicted sex offender who has served his sentence can be committed to a state mental hospital indefinitely if medical experts believe that person is likely to reoffend. The law exists in 19 other states.
The British courts agreed. Until this week.
Chorus has a record of abuse
Giese is the second All-American Boys Chorus official to be accused of child sexual abuse.
The first, founder Fr. Richard T. Coughlin, has been accused by numerous former singers, removed for allegations of abuse, and put on the Diocese of Orange’s list of credibly accused clerics.
Call me a broken record, but just think about this: the same people who covered up for Coughlin and Giese still run The All-American Boys Chorus.
Why does anyone allow their child to be in that group?
1 thought on “Accused former All-American Boys Chorus vocal coach can be extradited, UK judge rules”
Joelle… thank you for keeping the public informed regarding failures to protect children and families. I am very disturbed about the way OC District Attorney Anthony Rackauckas handled the Roger Alan Giese criminal prosecution from day one.
1. Rackauckas never requested that Roger Alan Giese surrender his passport when he was granted bond. Why?
2. When Giese was allegedly located in June 2014, DA Rackauckas never informed the public Giese was located until almost a year later. Yet, Giese was listed as one of the 10 Most Wanted on the OC District Attorney’s website. Why?
3. It is common knowledge that DA Rackauckas has failed to file criminal charges against politically connected sexual predators (many employed by the Diocese of Orange and/or associated with the Diocese of Orange and/or All American Boys Choir) for many years. Why?
4. Rackauckas also allowed violations of the Gun Free Schools Act in one of Orange County’s most prominent Catholic high schools, without accountability–this happened only 2 years after the Columbine HS shooting tragedy. Rackauckas cannot even provide my husband and I with much needed documentation regarding the sham felony gun charges filed against one of the sons of a Santa Margarita Catholic HS principal. Why?
5. Rackauckas also failed to charge employees and ATTORNEYS employed by the Diocese of Orange, who were also mandated reporters, with failures to report violations of the Gun Frees Schools Act….. these same employees had and still have FULL KNOWLEDGE full of sex abuse crimes committed against minor children.
I am in the process of completing a letter to the US Department of Justice requesting the federal government take over the prosecution of Roger Alan Giese when he is finally extradited to the US. Will send you a copy when completed.
I remain sickened by the fact that the criminal prosecution of Roger Alan Giese may have been intentionally screwed up in the interests of politics — not the safety of children. It is no secret that DA Rackauckas, the OC Sheriff’s Department, the Los Angeles Catholic Archdiocese and County of Orange have simultaneously shared the same defense attorneys for many years, with the Orange County Board of Supervisors’ approval. Are they all sharing deep dark secrets that continue to place children and families at serious risk?
Thank you again Joelle. Please keep the public up-to-date since DA Rackauckas cares less about criminally prosecuting Roger Alan Giese in accordance with the law. If the federal government takes over the Roger Alan Giese criminal prosecution, we will be ensured that justice will prevail and the safety of children will be placed at the highest priority.