It’s Thursday night and you are probably thinking, “I’m watching Thursday Night Football. There is nothing possible I can do to help convince California Governor Jerry Brown to sign SB 131, the California Child Victims’ Act.”
Fortunately, you are WRONG! You can help RIGHT NOW. And we need you.
Here is what you can do:
1. Write Governor Brown using the web form here. Tell him that you support SB 131. Here are some reasons why:
- SB 131 exposes predators who may still be abusing kids RIGHT NOW,
- SB 131 holds wrong-doers accountable for enabling and covering up child sex abuse,
- SB 131 helps victims heal from traumatic injury and takes the burden of their care off of social services and taxpayers,
- SB 131 can help provide valuable evidence of criminal activity that law enforcement can use to put predators behind bars, where they belong.
There are many more.
If you do tell your own story, keep it short – no more than two-three sentences.
2. Plan to attend tomorrow’s RALLY IN SUPPORT OF SB 131 at the State Capitol. The rally, organized by concerned citizens in support of SB 131, will be on the lawn to the left of the Capitol steps – 1315 10th Street, between L and N Streets. Attendees will be wearing bright colors. Bring a sign showing your support. If you are a victim, bring a photo of yourself at the age you were abused.
Organizers will be meeting at 12:45. The rally starts at 1 pm
Whatever you do tonight, do SOMETHING to help victims who have been denied justice. It’s easy, it’s priceless, and you can do it during the Eagles/Chiefs game.