TODAY IN HONOLULU:
Sex abuse lawsuits call for release of accused offenders
Six more victims come forward under new law
“Window for Victims” closes April 24
At a news conference on Wednesday in Honolulu, sexual abuse survivors and their attorneys Mark Gallagher and Jeff Anderson will:
· Discuss the novel use of nuisance claims to inform and protect the public.
· Demand the release of a list of clerics who worked in the Diocese of Honolulu with credible accusations of sexual abuse of minors.
· Show how the diocese has created a “public nuisance” by refusing to disclose to the public the names of clerics accused of sexual abuse. A similar lawsuit has forced numerous dioceses in Minnesota to release 43 names of accused clerics, previously unknown to the public.
· Announce six new lawsuits alleging sexual abuse of children by clerics in the Diocese of Honolulu.
· Urge other victims of abuse, no matter the perpetrator, to come forward before April 24, 2014 deadline
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 12:00PM HST
Ala Moana Hotel
410 Atkinson Drive
Notes: Copies of the complaints and additional information will be available at the news conference and posted to www.abusedinhawaii.com