NO STREETS NAMED FOR CHILD RAPISTS!
South El Monte’s MICHAEL HUNT DRIVE is named after a known child predator.
Survivors need this changed. South El Monte deserves better.
YOU CAN HELP!
Fr. Michael Hunt was a priest at Epiphany Parish from 1958-1984. He also—according to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, court documents, and his survivors—sexually abused girls throughout his career as a priest. You can read more about him here:.
Our neighborhood, South El Monte, and sexual abuse survivors deserve better. Together, we can demand that the city council RENAME the street in honor of our vulnerable children and community.
How you can help right now:
- Sign our petition to rename Michael Hunt Drive. You can read and sign the petition here:
- Write a letter to the South El Monte City Council, demanding that they change the street name. You can find addresses and sample letters here.
- Join us at the 6 pm June 14 South El Monte City Council meeting. All meetings are virtual, so you can join online here:
Meeting ID: 865 8171 1880
Or Call In: 1 669 900 6833, when prompted, enter 86581711880#
- Share this on social media
- Talk to your friends, family, and children about sexual abuse. The more we talk about the crime, the more we keep kids safe RIGHT NOW.